Sunday, December 16, 2007

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & ebooks

"> YOUtube was horribly fascinating. There is so much to look at which I actually enjoyed. I liked that when I chose a video, related video clips would be shown. So Conan the librarian linked to other librarian themes like the superpower librarian. I can see why Conan is so popular tho. He is our alterego?

Cats tho rule, and I hoped to find a great one used in europe during the World Cup 2 yrs ago. Ran out of time but came across this one of the mouse singing 'you sexy thing' to a cheese - in a mouse trap. Sad ending! Can't resist them!

I loved being able to rate a video and to be able to send one to a mate. I don't think tho I'd put one of myself on YouTube tho - I feel I get enuf public exposure already!


http://audio.search.yahoo.com/audio


Having had a look around the podcasts, I see that the above video clip could be referred to as a vodcast as it incorps both sound and image.

I have iTune at home, so looked at the sites I didn't have to download. I like Yahoo. Mega easy to use. Always interested in music as I rarely get to the radio.

e-books

Netlibrary was pretty easy to navigate. I liked the first page from AkCity being about books I can get in the library. It was helpful to get covers, pub details, and some info on content. I'm going to order '
'100 Fastest-growing Careers: Your Complete Guidebook to Major Jobs With the Most Growth and Openings' can see that this would be a wonderful tool for housebound computer savvies who can't handle a book or who can't get into the library. The audiobook resource is great!I have a friend who is blind who can never get enough to read. So here I am doing what librarians do best. Finding things that help others access the world. Whew!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work on you tube and podcasts, need to add something about net library

Unknown said...

Also need you to go back to library 2.0 as well

katydid said...

HI
Netlibrary is cool and i had missed it so glad I got there. Can't wait to tell our friend about the audiobooks and also to order some books on careers for my teenagers.