Sunday, December 16, 2007

Week 8 Online productivity tools

What a blast Zoho is. You can choose font, colour, backgrounds. You can customize with pictures , such as a logo at the head of your stationary (balloons in this case). Documents can be web linked or sent to email pals. Not just letters or simple docs, spreadsheets and presentations.


Documents created elsewhere can be imported to my account regardless of format which has to be a great tool in itself.As with other tools, there are tags, wh are very helpful - like now if I can't rememer what pics I've used, I can just tag the word pics. I've also put a comment buble on the pic. Others can add to the doc with comments. So its a sharing thing really. Here I have pretended to be an other, and have dogged the cat!


I didn't get time to look at the web creator tools, but this did intrigue me. There is a wiki, a planner , oh lotsa stuff.So that's a treat for another day.


I didn't send my doc to this Blog as I'm currently operating in draft and wasn't sure if it would get accepted.



But I did look at the Awards page. Interesting to see sites I've already met, like Rollyo, and learn why it was considered to be so good by the 'professionals'. As I like to travel I went to Farecast wh allowed searches from Auckland but wans't able to offer me anything like the deals I'd get here. Kayak seemed to be easier to use and I could do a search for accom at the same time.I've used sites like this for accom rather than travel. For instance Agoda can offer great deals for some destinations in NZ, less than half rack rate and once got me in when the hotel was otherwise fully booked.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nailed zoho and web 2.0