Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Week 4 RSS

Its quite cool going to a site and you are immediately recognised! You are a natural born native, no passports and border checks! And now I have Dilbert to keep me company. I tried to add our library website but it doesn't appear to have rss?? Now I have 3 sites to play on. I must find out how I can get them all into one place.

http://www.bloglines.com/myblogs

As you can see by going to this link, I have some library links but had to have one to Dilbert for sanity's sake.
http://www.dilbert.com/
Technorati Profile

Moreover, I now have a new page element, 'Newsfeeds' so I can have immed access to the news wihout wondering which post the link is in.I am going to add to this.
I found it easiest getting feeds info thru bloglines, as feedster is temporarily down. Other sites offered help locating blogs - like technorati - to wh I now belong - and others like topix have a tighter focus like news.Using these, I found lots of library links, like the shifted librarian and NYT book reviews.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work, maybe RSS feeds will come with teh new look website

katydid said...

Hope you like the newsfeed area on top left of my page.
There's a lot I can do with my blog, isn't there!!!